Green Wines – Organic, Biodynamic, Sustainable – Tasting Tuesday, & Sphere of Influence Art Exhibit, October 13, 6-730 pm: No, it’s not St. Paddy’s Day, but we are celebrating green…green wines, that is. Learn how farmers and winemakers are handling the grapes pre and post harvest to produce wines in an economically viable, socially responsible, and environmentally sound way. $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Next door to Après the Tahoe Art League Showcase Gallery features the Sphere of Influence youth group project (graffiti artists) as part of their “Expo Week.” Meet these gifted artists on October 13 during a special free reception from 4-9 pm.
On Tuesday, September 29, you will have an opportunity to sample some very special Champagnes and sparkling wines.
Wine Tasting Event: A Bubblicious Tasting Tuesday!
When: Tuesday, September 29, 6-730 pm
RSVP: Call 530-544-9463
Cost: $30 in advance, $35 at the door, for a flight of five wines and some scrumptious appetizer pairings
Discounts: All wines tasted will be available at discounts! 3-5 bottles/-10%, 6 or more bottles/-15%
Since opening in January Après has earned a reputation for a wine selection second to none in the Tahoe basin. Part of that acclaim stems from our selection of small production grower/producer Champagnes. In France, nearly 80% of Champagne grapes are snapped up by the big names like Dom Perignon, Veuve Clicquot and Cristal. The remaining 20%, literally the best of the bunch, are kept by growers to make small production, high quality boutique Champagnes. Known as grower/producer Champagnes, they have a cult following amongst sparkling wine aficionados because of their sumptuous aromas, intense fruit, bracing acidity, and distinctly different personalities.
The big guys would like you to believe a great bottle of Champagne costs north of $200. In reality, without their fancy labels and advertising expenses, you can purchase fine grower producer Champagnes for a fraction the price!
Please join us, taste the bubbly, nibble on great food pairings, and learn how to select a sensational bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine.
We’re bubbling over with excitement to see you!